About you
Request more information
About you
What is your current status
Receive updates on this development

Get more information and updates regarding this development via:

Receive Bellway updates

Are you happy for us to contact you about other developments and special offers via:


We are offering drop-in appointments across all our developments; however, should you wish to have dedicated time with our sales advisor, we encourage you to book ahead. Click here for further details.

Buyers support

Bellway are here to support you from the day you first consider a Bellway property, through to the day you move in. To help with this, we have compiled a list of questions we are frequently asked.

Financial & Legal

I need some mortgage advice

Our Sales Advisor can arrange a telephone call or appointment with our nominated Mortgage Broker, New Homes Mortgage Helpline. They specialise in New Build mortgages, and have access to exclusive products that are not available on the high street. The Helpline are available for advice 7 days a week, and they will arrange to meet you at a time convenient to yourselves. See Mortgage Services for full details of the service provided.

What is a mortgage valuation?

Prior to approving your mortgage application, your chosen lender will have the property valued for mortgage purposes and a fee will normally be payable.

Please note that the value the lender puts on the property is a valuation for loan purposes only. This valuation figure may not be reflective of the open market value. You should also be aware that if you add numerous Additions options to your new home, the full value of these may not be reflected in the value the lender puts on the property.

What are local authority search fees?

This Search will establish if your new home is likely to be affected by any planning decisions or other proposals close to the new development.

What is the difference between leasehold and freehold?

Leasehold means the Land is held under a Lease for a specified term of years on which a ground rent is paid. Freehold means you have full ownership of both the property and the land on which it stands.

What are Land Registry fees?

This fee is to register your ownership of your property with the Land Registry. The fees are set by the Government.

Buying my house

Is there a minimum purchase price for part exchange?

Where Part Exchange is offered it varies depending on the property you wish to purchase and the property you have to sell. Usually, there needs to be a differential of around 30% between the value of your current home and the new Bellway Home. We also offer our Express Mover Scheme which has more flexibility to help sell your current home. By using a local agent to market your property, Bellway will do all the chasing to ensure you find a buyer as quickly as possible. Please ask our Sales Advisor for more details.

What happens if I have a house to sell?

If you are selling your home and buying a new home, it is your solicitor's responsibility to ensure that both sets of contracts – i.e. the sale of your existing home and the purchase of your new one - are exchanged simultaneously and a suitable moving day agreed. It is not always possible to co-ordinate the sale of your existing property and the completion on your new Bellway Home and if this is the case you may have to consider some form of temporary accommodation until your new Bellway Home is ready. (England only)

How do I reserve a new home?

Your reservation fee reserves your new home and during this reserved period your new home will be withdrawn from sale and it will not be subject to any price increases. We will then ask you to exchange contracts and pay a deposit on exchange which is usually within 28 days of reservation. The reservation fee and deposit are then deducted from the price of your home. (In Scotland, missives must be concluded in 28 days)

How long will our property be reserved for?

The property will normally be reserved until the date stated on your reservation form in England as this is when contract exchange is expected to take place. (England only)

How much money is required as a reservation fee?

We usually require a minimum £250 as a reservation fee however this is subject to regional variations and the amount can also vary depending upon the purchase price of the property.

Is my reservation fee refundable?

Following the guidelines under the Consumer Code, applicable to homebuyers who purchased their home before 4th October 2022, and the New Homes Quality Code, applicable to homebuyers purchasing from 4th October 2022 onwards, a homebuyer has the right to be reimbursed the reservation fee and must be told of any deductions that may be made. If you purchase your new home using our Part Exchange or Express Mover schemes, or the property purchased is for investment purposes, your reservation fee is non-refundable.

Do we need to sell our house before we can reserve a Bellway Home?

If you are reliant on the sale of your home to finance your new Bellway home, you must have sold your property before you reserve a new Bellway home. This is to ensure that contracts can be exchanged 28 days after reservation. (England only) If you have not sold your house and wish to buy a Bellway home, we offer a Part Exchange Scheme and Express Mover Scheme both of which are available to help make your move as hassle free as possible.

Will Bellway update me on the progress of my purchase of my new Bellway home?

As part of our Sales service, you will be kept informed of all progress of your purchase. This includes regular chasing of the broker for progress on your mortgage application and survey, to making sure all your legal paperwork is ready on time with your solicitor, to allow the exchange of contracts and legal completion to go through smoothly. We also keep you fully up to date on the build progress of your new Bellway home.

Didn't find what you were looking for?