Here at Bellway, we aim to make moving home as simple as possible and provide you with a first class home that you can be proud of.
From the day you walk on to a Bellway Development to the moment we hand over the keys to your new home and beyond, we undertake to provide you with the best possible customer service.
This Charter describes the level of service and standards that you can expect from Bellway.
1. Prior to reserving your new home, we will provide you a specification and layout of your home and details of any pre-contractual information to enable you to make an informed decision.
We will go through a checklist of important information that you need prior to reserving your plot. This includes specification of your home, type of heating used, details on the surroundings and communal areas etc. We will talk through our full range of options for your home which can make it even more personal to you.
2. A friendly and informative sales process with support and guidance throughout.
We aim to try to make the buying process as simple as possible, and will guide you through each stage. We have nominated brokers who can help you with your mortgage requirements, and we will regularly chase the progress of your purchase and keep you fully up to date with all aspects of both the sales and construction progress of your property.
3. Prior to moving into your new home, our Site Manager will invite you to a demonstration to familiarise you with the appliances, lighting and heating controls etc of your new home.
When your new home is ready we invite you to meet with our Site Manager to demonstrate how all the facilities work, including your kitchen appliances, heating and water systems, location of fuse box, meters and stop cock. We will run through everything you need to know about the day to day running your new home.
4. Prior to moving in to your new home we will provide you with a Homecare booklet that will act as a helpful guide during the first few months of occupation.
As there is a lot of information to take in when you buy a new home, this booklet has been designed to provide you with lots of general advice and tips on all aspects of practical maintenance of both the interior and exterior of your home. It is a useful guide to keep and use for reference purposes at any time.
5. On the day of legal completion our Sales Advisor will welcome you to your new home and ensure you settle in comfortably.
On the day of legal completion, our Sales Advisor will welcome you to your new home, take your meter readings and hand over your keys. We want to ensure that you are happy with your new home, and they will be on hand to help you settle in as smoothly as possible.
6. Three days after moving in, we will make a courtesy call/visit to ensure you are entirely happy with your new surroundings.
Our Site Manager will call you to check that you are happy with everything in your new home and answer any further queries you may have. If you are not entirely happy with your home, he will make a note of any items you feel need attention, and will come back to you to confirm when these items will be resolved.
7. Your new home includes a manufacturers two year warranty that covers the central heating system, boiler, kitchen and bathroom appliances. Your new home is also covered by an NHBC or similar industry regulated 10 year insurance scheme covering the structural integrity of your new home.
You have two forms of cover. Your Bellway Home has a two year warranty and you are also protected by the 10 year Buildmark cover from the NHBC or similar industry regulator. This protects the homeowner against specific structural defects/risks for up to 10 years - full details of this cover is outlined in the NHBC "Guide to Your New Home" leaflet which is provided to you prior to completion.
8. We will ensure you receive Health and Safety advice when you visit the development and when you have moved in.
The Safety of you and your family is extremely important to us. There are health and safety precautions that you and Bellway Homes must take before you visit a Bellway Homes Development and if you are living on a development where construction work is continuing. Our Sales Advisor will provide you with a leaflet upon visiting our development.
9. 24hr emergency callout line, at your disposal 7 days a week.
As soon as you move into your new home, we will provide you with full details of our Customer Care Team contact names and telephone number. There will be a number for you to call for day time assistance and a separate number for out of office hours so that you always have someone you can speak to in case of an emergency.
10. In the unlikely event that our Customer Service Team have been unable to resolve any outstanding concerns we have a Customer Complaints Procedure in place.
Your first contact should be with our Customer Care Department.
If you are unhappy with your response and wish to take it further, you can refer your complaint to the Customer Care Manager. We hope that the matter would be resolved at this stage, but if not, you can refer the matter to our Construction Director, and if not resolved at this stage, you can refer it to the divisional Managing Director.
You can report the matter to Bellway Plc on line at email: email@example.com or write to us at Bellway Plc, Seaton Burn House, Dudley Lane, Seaton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 6BE.
Our Customer Service Charter complies with the requirements of the 2010 Consumer Code (further details available at www.consumercodeforhomebuilders.com)