The house building process impacts on the environment through the use of land and consumption of resources in the development process. It is our objective to ensure that at the conclusion of a development, an attractive and sustainable new community has been created with the minimum possible impact on the wider environment.
Recognising that we have a responsibility to limit damage to the environment, our key objectives are to manage the environmental impacts across the business:
- Minimise any adverse effects on the environment and, where necessary, to seek environmental enhancements, concentrating on areas where there is most scope for improvement.
- Aim to meet, and where practicable, exceed all relevant environmental legislation and regulations.
- Improve our environmental performance.
- Set specific environmental commitments and targets and periodically review progress against these targets.
- Ensure that our environmental aims and their importance are communicated throughout the Group, including appropriate subcontractors and suppliers, and that a copy of the policy and relevant procedures are available at our sites and offices and on our website.
- To consider the role that we can play in helping to contribute to the principles of sustainable development.
- Recognise and respond to the challenges and opportunities that are presented by climate change.