When does this Policy apply?
This Policy applies to www.bellway.co.uk (“website”) and to any personal data which you may provide to us in person, over the telephone, by e-mail, on our website and/or by post. This Policy also applies to any personal data which we may collect from third parties about you and/or which we may collect when you access our website.
By using our website or accessing any services which we offer (including for example by making an enquiry about our properties or reserving a property to purchase from us), you agree to be bound by this Policy in respect of the information collected about you.
We are Bellway Homes Limited; we may also trade as “Ashberry”. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 00670176 and have our registered office at Seaton Burn House, Dudley Lane, Seaton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 6BE.
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data about you will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 Bellway Homes Limited is the data controller of any personal data which you may provide to us or which we may collect from third parties about you and/or which we may collect when you access our website. We are committed to complying with data protection law and to respecting the privacy rights of individuals.
We will comply with the requirements of all relevant data protection legislation in force from time to time. We take data protection compliance very seriously and have a number of policies in place to ensure that we comply with our obligations.
In particular you may request a copy of any personal data held by us about you upon written application. Please note we reserve the right to charge the current maximum statutory fee for providing such information. If you believe that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete please contact us immediately. Any information found to be incorrect will be corrected promptly.
How we collect personal information about you
We may collect and process personal data about you including, but not limited to, information you (or a joint purchaser and/or owner) provides:
- when you/they contact us in person, on our website, over the telephone, by e-mail or by post;
- at the time of reserving a property to purchase from us;
- at the time of purchasing options and extras from us;
- during the course of purchasing a property from us and/or selling a property to us in part exchange.
We may also collect and process personal data about you from third party sources including, but not limited to, sub-contractors, analytics providers, search information providers (please see our Cookies Policy for further information), estate agents, mortgage providers, the National House Building Council, utility suppliers, local authorities and financial and legal advisors.
We will process information relating to you, any joint purchaser and sometimes people living with you. If you provide any personal data relating to a third party individual (for example a joint purchaser or person living with you) you confirm that you have the consent and agreement of that third party to provide to us their personal data and for us to process it in accordance with this Policy.
Why will we process your personal information and how will we us it?
We may use your personal data to:
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- verify your identity;
- process and manage your purchase of a property from us and provide after sales services where applicable;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for example your purchase of a property and/or options and extras from us and (if applicable) our purchase of your existing property in part exchange;
- assist you to participate in any government schemes in which you have indicated you wish to take part;
- facilitate the provision of warranties with a property purchased from us;
- monitor customer satisfaction (both on our own behalf and/or for the National House Building Council) including processing customer satisfaction surveys;
- notify utility suppliers and local authorities about your new property and about any property we have purchased from you in part exchange;
- monitor energy consumption at any property we sell to you as part of our CSR carbon footprint commitment;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- notify you about changes to our services; and/or
- contact you about new developments and house types which may meet your needs. If you have not yet reserved a property with us we will contact you in this way only if you confirm that you want to receive this information from us. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant boxes situated on the relevant form on which we collect your personal data, or if you communicate with us in person or over the telephone, confirm this to us when prompted by our representative. If you initially wish for us to use your personal data in this way, but you change your mind later, you may tell us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on any marketing email we send to you and/or by contacting us by post at the address set out at the end of this Policy.
Who may we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we sell any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to any prospective buyer of our business or assets. We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the assets transferred to the buyer.
We may disclose your information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our contracts with you; or to protect our rights, property, or our safety and/or the safety of our customers, or others.
We may also disclose your information to our suppliers and contractors to provide information to you on our behalf and/or in order to fulfil our contracts with you.
We will share your personal information with suppliers of services in respect of any property you reserve from us, the sale of the property and/or the purchase of your existing property in part exchange. These third parties include estate and managing agents, financial and legal advisors and any relevant mortgage provider, the National House Building Council, utility providers and local authorities.
We will share your information with relevant government agencies to assist you to participate in any government schemes in which you have indicated you wish to take part.
We may also share your personal information with our third party consultants to monitor energy consumption as part of our CSR carbon footprint commitment.
Where do we store your information?
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us on our website or by e-mail; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Changes to this Policy
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on our website and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to Deputy Group Company Secretary, Seaton Burn House, Dudley Lane, Seaton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 6BE.
This Policy is effective as of February 2017.