Bellway p.l.c. is committed to achieving the highest standards of corporate governance.
During the year under review Bellway has complied with the detailed provisions set out in the UK Corporate Governance Code.
The Board of Bellway p.l.c. is composed of seven directors; three of these directors are executive and four directors including the Chairman, are non-executive. Specific responsibilities include:
- Setting the Group’s strategic aims and ensuring that the necessary resources are in place in order to meet these aims;
- Responsibility for ensuring that the Group’s obligations to its shareholders are met;
- Collective responsibility for the performance of the Group and that all decisions are taken objectively in the interests of the Group.
The Board is provided with timely and appropriate information by the Group Secretariat. It is also supported by a number of Committees covering specific areas, details of which can be found in the 2012 Annual Report.
The role of the Group with respect to corporate responsibility is to:-
- Engage and respond to External Stakeholders;
- Manage and implement the Group’s corporate responsibility strategy;
- Monitor and evaluate performance;
- Establish and respond to areas of best practice;
- Develop and review relevant policy;
- Communicate good policies, good practice and desired actions throughout the Group;
- Report to the Board on risks, opportunities and performance;
- Report on performance through an annual Corporate Responsibility Report.